Return & Refund Policy
Acceptance of Goods:
Buyer has five (5) business days from the receipt of the goods (confirmed by shipping delivery records) to place a claim for shipping damage, shorted or incorrect product shipments with Sailor Plastics. The buyer is responsible for carefully examining all shipments before signing a bill of lading or delivery sheet; the buyer must note all damages and shortages when signing. All claims for shipping damage, shorted or incorrect product shipments must be made in writing and sent to Sales@sailorplastics.com along with a complete written description of the shipping damage, shortage of items or incorrect item(s). Please include photos of the damaged items if practical. Any damages or shortages of goods delivered after the bill of lading or delivery sheet has been signed (acknowledging to the transportation company that the goods were delivered in good condition) cannot be accepted for a claim at a later date.
Within fifteen (15) calendar days of receipt of the goods (confirmed by shipping delivery records) buyer must give notice in writing to Sailor Plastics at Sales@sailorplastics.com of any claim by buyer based on condition, quality or grade of products or of any nonconformity to Sailor Plastics’ data sheet specification. Buyer’s failure to comply with this policy will constitute acceptance by buyer and constitutes a final sale requiring buyer to pay Sailor Plastics. Accepted products are not returnable without Sailor Plastics’ prior approval.
Returns Policy (Non-quality):
All products sold by Sailor Plastics through its distributor programs are covered by the following returns policy:
- Shipments of single cases up to the quantity of one hundred seventy-six (176) cases may be returned only with written preauthorization and at the sole discretion of Sailor Plastics, if returned within thirty (30) calendar days of original shipment date from Sailor Plastics as indicated in shipment documents. All return shipping costs will be at the expense of the buyer. However, if Sailor Plastics’ Sales acknowledgement indicated that the order is non-cancelable and non-returnable, no return is possible.
- All product must be unopened and re-sellable condition which is determined at the sole discretion of Sailor Plastics. No partial cases or cases that show signs of being opened or tampered with will be accepted for return.
- There will be a 20% restocking fee charged for handling the return. If repackaging is required, another 20% fee may be imposed.
- After review of the returned goods Sailor Plastics, at its sole discretion, will issue credit to the buyers account. Shipments in excess of one hundred seventy-six (176) cases are non-cancelable and non-returnable unless stated in writing by Sailor Plastics at the time of order.
All products sold by Sailor Plastics as backorders are governed by the following policy:
- We collect full payment at the time you place a backorder. If you are not comfortable with paying in advance, please contact us and we will notify you when the item is back in stock.
- If you would like to change or cancel your backorder, please contact us. We can cancel your backorder and issue a full refund, add or remove an item or items, change the shipping method, etc. before your order is in shipping.
- We have a 30 (thirty) day window to refund your credit card for a backorder. If you request to cancel your backorder after 30 (thirty) days, we may need to issue a refund by mailing a check or issuing in store credit.
- If an item on your online order is backordered, we will send a backorder notice to the email provided. We will ship your order as soon as the backordered product is available. If there is an in-stock item and a backordered item on your order, our standard policy is to ship the order complete. If you would like us to ship the in-stock item(s) first, please reply to your backorder notice with authorization to ship a partial order. Partially shipping your order may incur additional shipping fees.
- If we do not receive a response to our backorder notice for a partial order we will assume you would like your order shipped complete.
- Phone Orders: Once your backordered item is manufactured and prepared for shipment, a representative will reach out to collect payment and any other information needed. If we do not receive a response after 3 attempts over 5 business days, a final attempt to collect payment will be made, if we do not receive any correspondence the order will be canceled and the inventory will be reallocated.
This policy supersedes any other written language on the buyer’s purchase order or order documents unless agreed to in writing by the President of Sailor Plastics. Returns and exchanges are handled by Sailor Plastics on a case-by-case basis.
More FAQ’s are available here or use the form below to contact us with any questions.
Have a Question? Contact Us
Sailor Plastics strives to ensure all our customers are 100% satisfied with their order. If you have an issue or question our staff is ready to help!
Please fill out the form below to get in contact with us. We respond to all inquires within 1- 2 business days.