What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to .
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
UPDATED: 1 JAN 2023
This policy may be updated from time to time, such as to comply with new legal obligations or regulations, without prior notice, so please check back periodically. If you continue to visit this website and use the website made available to you after such changes have been made, you hereby provide your consent to the changes.
Sailor Plastics is the sole controller of the information collected on www.sailorplastics.com. Sailor Plastics collects information from our users at several different points on our site.
We encourage you to read this policy to learn more about:
- What information of yours is collected by this website
- How you can opt-out of receiving communications from us
- The security of your information
- Links to other websites made available to you by this website
- Product Reviews
1. Information Collected
Personally Identifiable Information
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” is any information that identifies, relates to, or can be used to contact a particular individual. If you join our e-list, a user is required to give their contact information (such as name, address and email address). We use this information to send the user marketing emails. It is optional for the user to provide unique identifiers (such as, username and password), but encouraged so we can provide a more personalized experience. When an order is placed with us, you may be asked to provide your name, address, email address, telephone number, or credit card information in connection with your use of the website (including without limitation, by your submission of purchase orders.) This information is used for billing purposes and to fill customer orders. Because we operate an ecommerce platform, we do collect and maintain the details of transactions made with us, which may include payments made, payment details, products purchased, transaction history, and other information. Note that Sailor Plastics uses a third-party processor to collect, process, and store payment card or banking information used to process orders. We also collect copies of communications and inquiries, including product reviews and product inquiries, you have submitted to us, including through email, chat, calls, and features available on our website. When you interact with our site, we also collect details regarding how and when you use our website, including the device used to connect to our website, your IP address and device identifier, the frequency and duration of your usage, the pages you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our website, and information about your interaction with our website.
Please note that we may aggregate or anonymize the foregoing types of data such that they are no longer capable of identifying you, in which case they are no longer considered “personal information.”
Information from Other Sources
We may obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliates, business partners, vendors, contractors, suppliers, and other third parties and add it to other information we have collected. We, and the third parties we engage, may combine information we collect from you over time, and across the website, with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve the information’s overall accuracy and completeness, and also helps us better tailor our interactions with you.
Information from Social Media
If you interact with us on any social media platform: (i) depending on your social media privacy settings, the personal information that you submit on the social media platform may be read, collected, or used by us as described in this Policy, and (ii) where we respond to any interaction with you on social media, your account name/handle may be viewable by any and all members or users of our social media accounts. Social media platforms operate independently from us and we are not responsible for the personal information that you choose to submit or link on any social media platform. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings of any social media platform with which you interact to help you understand their privacy practices.
2. How We Use Your Information
We (or the service providers acting on our behalf) use the personal information identified above for the following purposes:
- To provide the website, including facilitating and processing purchases and transactions initiated via the website;
- To provide customer support services, and to verify, investigate, and respond to any claims, problems, or requests you may make relating to the website;
- To register you for a Sailor Plastics account;
- To provide you with information regarding Sailor Plastics, the website, as well as other information that you may request from us;
- To enforce our agreements with you or our partners, comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, or defend or advance legal claims;
- To prevent or detect hacking activities, compliance issues, fraud, financial crime, security breaches, or safety risks in connection with our website;
- To develop, update, and improve our website;
- To optimize your experience on our website and ensure that our content is presented to you in the most effective manner;
- To send you promotional or marketing communications and solicitations, track your marketing preferences, and for our internal marketing purposes;
- To notify you about changes to our website, including material changes to this Policy;
- To provide you with surveys or otherwise solicit feedback regarding the website; and
- To perform other functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise consent to.
- For more information about your options relating to your personal information and your communication preferences, see “Choices About the Collection and Use of Personal Information” below.
3. Our Marketing Efforts
We may send you direct marketing communications from time to time including news, updates, offers, and other announcements relating to our products and business. We will only send marketing messages where the law allows us to do so and, in the event that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, then you can always unsubscribe using the option provided in the communication you have received (e.g., in the footer of the email) or by contacting us using the information below.
4. Disclosure of Your Information
When the information we collect is aggregated, anonymized, or otherwise does not identify you, it is no longer considered “personal information.” We may use such information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
In addition, we may share information that we collect or that you provide in the following circumstances:
- With service providers that we use to assist us with providing the website and our website, including our IT system providers, website and mobile application providers, chatbot service providers, payment processors, or API providers.
- With vendors that we use for our contract management and fulfillment processes.
- With our third-party marketing service providers that assist us with promotional materials, campaigns, and communications.
- With analytics vendors in order to understand our website traffic and usage patterns, optimize our website, and identify potential new customers or users.
- With our customer relationship management vendors as necessary for customer service and support, sales, marketing, and lead generation.
- With our email service provider, who enables us to communicate with you and our other contacts.
- With buyers or other successors prior to or in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, where the information is among the assets being transferred.
- With regulatory and governmental authorities, law enforcement agencies, and courts, as necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations, respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request for information, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
5. Choices About the Collection and Use of Personal Information
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use, and disclose your information. We try to offer you meaningful choices regarding your personal information. Some choices you have regarding personal information include the following.
- Marketing Emails – As required by applicable laws, you can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by clicking the “opt out,” “unsubscribe,” or similar link in any such promotional emails and following the instructions provided. Users may also email us at email@example.com.
- Cookies – Depending on your browser or device, you may have the option to set the browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, notify you when a cookie is set, or delete cookies. Each browser and device are different, so we recommend you evaluate the tools and settings available in your browser or device, as well as any available instructions for the same. Please note that if you disable or delete cookies, you may not be able to access or use certain features of the website.
- Declining to Provide Information – You can choose not to provide us with information we may request through our website, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website, request information about our website, apply for or fund Jobs, or initiate other transactions with us.
- Do Not Track Mechanisms – Please note that our website do not honor “Do Not Track” signals, and such signals will not impact the operation of the website.
In addition to the above, you may contact us using the details provided at the end of this Policy with any questions about the choices relating to your personal information.
We are committed to using our best efforts to maintain the security of your Personal Information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we adhere to industry standard practices and procedures to help safeguard and secure the information we collect. Although we use our best efforts to protect the security of your Personal Information and our system, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, no transmission via the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result of this and other factors beyond our control, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you transmit to or through our website. Therefore, you assume that risk by using the website.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we, Sailor Plastics, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
8. Product Reviews
9. Notice for Nevada Residents
Under Nevada law, Nevada “consumers” may request that “operators” of internet sites and online services refrain from the “sale” of their “covered information” to third parties (as such terms are defined under Nevada law). “Covered information” includes first and last name, address, email address, and phone number, or an identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online. As discussed above, we share your information with certain third parties that we believe can provide you with offers and promotions for products of interest to you and in the other ways described above. We do not believe that our sharing in this regard would qualify as a sale under Nevada law.
10. Information for Canada Residents
If you reside in Canada, various Canadian laws, including Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), may provide you certain rights with respect to your personal information, including the right to request information about the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, to request access to your personal information, and to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your personal information and have it amended as appropriate. Use the Contact Information below to make a request regarding your personal information.
11. Children’s Privacy
Our website is a general audience website and is not directed at children under the age of 13. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13 through the Services. Should we discover that a child under age 13 provided us with personal information, we will use that information only to inform the child that we must have parental consent before receiving such information.
12. International Transfers
Sailor Plastics is headquartered in the United States and, as a result, the information you provide to us may reside on servers or workstations located the United States. You understand and consent that information you provide may be transferred to the United States. You also understand that the data protection laws in the United States may be different from those of the country where you reside. When we transfer personal information to the United States, we will implement appropriate and suitable safeguards to protect such information as may be required by applicable data protection laws.
13. Contact Information
Postal Address: 08 Maine Ave, Adrian, MN 56110
Website URL: www.sailorplastics.com