When to Choose LDPE vs PET Bottles
LDPE... PET.... What are they?
Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)LDPE plastic is an opaque, natural colored plastic. The material is very squeezable which makes it an easy dispensing product for creams, honey, sauces, condiments, and syrups. It is better at withstanding colder temperatures than PET. You will find that most LDPE products cost more than PET but the material is very high-quality. We offer four sizes of bears: 8oz, 12oz, 24 oz, and 32oz, and one 12oz. multi-use bottle. All of our LDPE products have a 38-400 neck finish and several closure choices.
Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) BottlesPET plastic is a crystal-clear plastic that is strong, lightweight, and will show off your product. PET is also perfect for use with food as it is approved by the FDA to be used in food packaging. We maintain extensive traceability of our raw materials to ensure you and your customers can enjoy your product safely. We offer many different styles and sizes of bottles in PET that make great bottles for juice, water, creams, honey, sauces, dry products, condiments, syrups, and much more. Each bottle has a nice size label panel area to further call attention to your product. Both types of plastic are also quite similar in many ways. Each product has many cap options. They are strong and shatterproof which gives them great impact resistance while shipping, unlike glass bottles. They can be filled up to 140 degrees. LDPE and PET are both recyclable, FDA approved, and BPA free.
LDPE Bottles vs PET Bottles
Choose LDPE plastic bottles for:
Squeezable product dispensing
Products needing refrigeration
Products not requiring high visibility containers
Choose PET plastic bottles for:
- Lower cost option
- Best to show off product inside due to complete clarity
- Products requiring a sturdier plastic such as dried products.
Choose either PET or LDPE for:
- Many cap and closure options
- Strong & shatterproof bottles (unlike glass)
- Bottles requiring fill temps up to 140 degrees
- Recyclable bottles
- BPA free bottlesNo matter which type you go with we have an great selection of closures, caps, and tops that will fit your selected bottle perfectly. As always, our team of employees are ready to assist you with any questions you may have. Contact us by clicking this link to fill out our form. or visit our store to start shopping! Have something to add? Comment below!