Polyethylene Terephthalate Plastic Bottle Uses and Benefits
What is PET or Polyethylene Terephthalate? 4 Benefits for Your Product.
PET or polyethylene terephthalate plastic (also known as PETE) is a synthetic chemical fiber first synthesised in North America in the 1940s by a company named DuPont. The strength, thermo-stability, and transparency of PET plastic makes it a popular packaging material. Among PET's many attributes are its affordability, lightweight, resealability, shatter-resistant nature, and recycling. On or near the side or bottom of PET bottles is an identification code #1 that indicates the type of resin used in the bottle.
4 Benefits of Polyethylene Terephthalate Plastic (PET)
Global safety approval and recognition
- Polyethylene Terephthalate is approved as safe for contact with food and beverage by the US Food & Drug Administration
- PET does not contain bisphenol-A (BPA) or phthalates (plasticizers)
100% Fully Recyclable
- According to NAPCOR, PET is the most widely recycled material in the world
- Labeled with Resin Recycling Code #1 PET
High impact capability and shatter resistance
- Will not shatter when dropped unlike glass products
- Relatively cheaper than glass or stainless steel
Excellent resistance to most solvents
- Compatible with ethyl alcohol without leaching
- Data on most solvents is readily available online for free
Products from Sailor Plastics containing Polyethylene Terephthalate Plastic or PET
- Clear PET Honey Bear Style Bottle with Dotted Eyes and Noses (8 oz, 12 oz, 16 oz, 32 oz)
- Square Clear PET Bottles with Multiple Neck Finishes & Sizes
- Round Clear PET Bottles with Multiple Neck Finishes & Sizes
- Oval Clear PET Jars & Bottles with Multiple Neck Finishes (1lb & 2lb)
Let us help you find your ideal packaging solution.
At Sailor Plastic Bottles, we truly want you & your business to succeed. And while we manufacture a wide assortment of plastic bottles, we know that sometimes you don’t know what type of bottle is best for your product. If that’s the case, give us a call. We have a ton of experience matching products to the right packaging container.
We’re proud to provide businesses in the food and beverage industry with high quality plastic packaging solutions. Whether honey bear, square, round, or oval shaped plastic bottles, Sailor Plastic Bottles has you covered. And we always deliver what we promise.