What are the Benefits of PET Plastic Bottles?
In a fast-paced world, everyone is looking for convenient, practical life solutions. PET plastic bottle manufacturers have long offered one of the best ways to package products in a way that’s fast, affordable, and attractive while also being easy for consumers to use. Unfortunately, it’s been getting a bit of a bad rep lately. This is a real shame because it causes people to miss out on the many benefits that PET plastics can offer to businesses, consumers, and even the environment. So, to clear the air, we’re using this post to break down the numerous advantages and benefits of PET plastic bottles.
What are PET Plastics?
PET stands for Polyethylene terephthalate. This incredibly versatile type of plastic is clear, durable, and lightweight. Most importantly, it’s 100% recyclable. Because it’s so easy to work with and can be remade, again and again, PET plastics are the best choice for packaging food, beverages, and household consumables.
Benefits of PET Plastic Bottles for Businesses
Whether producing carbonated beverages, sauces, or shampoos, businesses depend on PET plastics for the highest quality packaging. So why choose PET plastics over other materials? Here are some of the perks:
- Versatility - PET plastics are very malleable and can be formed to fit any mold for unique or standard bottle shapes. It’s clear and can be dyed in whatever color best suits your marketing and branding purposes.
- Low Cost: Manufacturing costs are soaring right now. To remain competitive and profitable, businesses need to be able to count on a packaging material that will be affordable not only to themselves but to their consumers.
- Shatterproof: Keep accidents to a minimum during bottling and transport. PET plastics do not crack, break, or shatter when dropped. This prevents accidents and injuries from happening as products are bottled, and it also minimizes losses. The end result is a safer, more productive business model.
- Preservation - PET plastics work to keep foods and beverages fresh and safe. They offer a strong barrier between the final product and the outside environment. Little to no oxygen or other molecules can pass through the plastic, thus protecting whatever is inside the bottle.
Benefits of PET Plastic Bottles for Consumers
Everyday consumers trust PET plastic bottles for a host of reasons and enjoy benefits including:
- Convenience: People are busy and need product packaging that allows them to grab what they need on the go. Whether people are taking their purchases home or need to carry them around for a fast meal or drink on the fly, PET plastics are light and transportable for the ultimate in convenience.
- Safety: PET plastics are trusted and are FDA approved for safe consumption. In addition to this, PET plastic bottles won’t shatter when dropped. This reduces injuries to consumers and young children.
- Affordability: Today’s consumers need assurance that they will be able to afford the things they need to get by. With inflation, people are more stressed about costs than ever before. PET plastics are incredibly affordable, keeping costs down for food, drink, and household consumables.
Benefits of PET Plastic Bottles for the Environment
If you’re like most people, you’re concerned about the well-being of our planet. But you may wonder, “Is PET plastic good for the environment?” We’re happy to assure you that the answer is “Yes!”
You may have heard that plastics aren’t good for the environment. Sadly, certain types of plastics cannot be broken down and recycled, but PET plastics don’t fall under this category. Conversely, PET plastics are actually the best possible type of plastic for preserving the health of our Earth. Why are PET plastics so good? We’re glad you asked! Here’s how PET plastics are helping:
- It’s 100% Recyclable - There are a lot of materials out there that are only partially recyclable. This means that even when these items are deposited into recycling bins, there’s a good chance that they will end up in a landfill anyway. This isn’t the case with PET plastics. The entire product can be melted down and reused. It’s one of the simplest materials to recycle!
- It’s Durable - Some things can be recycled, but only once or twice. After that, they degrade to the point where they can’t be used anymore. PET plastics are highly durable and can be recycled over and over again. This means fewer plastics have to be manufactured to meet consumer demands, and fewer end up in landfills or waterways.
- It’s Lightweight - The more our technology improves, the lighter we’re able to make PET plastic bottles. This is great for several reasons. First, less material is required to produce bottles. Next, the lightweight nature of PET plastic bottles means that less energy is required in manufacturing. Finally, because they are lighter in weight, bottles demand less fuel to transport. This translates to fewer carbon emissions.
As one of the most versatile and dynamic packaging materials, PET plastic bottles benefit everyone. Choosing to use PET plastics for bottling products provides an affordable, safe, convenient, and reliable way for manufacturers to get their products to consumers. Better yet, each time PET plastics are used, you can take heart in knowing that they will be reused again and again, thus reducing waste and protecting our environment.
Do your part to better our world with PET plastic bottles. Reach out to one of our experts to learn more today.